Working in a warehouse can be an incredibly risky and dangerous job. It poses a number of health and safety risks. Workers and warehouse managers deal with the use of heavy equipment, moving parts, as well as harmful chemicals and substances.
16 Apr 2019
With the use of heavy machinery, hazardous materials and large storage facilities, warehouses are no doubt one of the most dangerous places to work. It is in warehouses that a majority of workplace injuries and accidents take place. Therefore, following warehouse safety precautions is paramount.
This is the perfect time to celebrate all things saucy because it’s National Sauce Month! National Sauce Month is celebrated during the whole month of March. The creator has not been identified but historically speaking, sauces were invented back in 200 A.D. when the Romans used sauces to cover or mask foods that were no longer fresh or pleasant to eat. Then, in 1965, the most popular sauce in the 17th century, Sauce Robert was invented. Many years after that paved the way to the evolution of many other sauces which we all enjoy today.
So what are you waiting for? Sauce it up without feeling guilty! Celebrate National Sauce Month with these delish sauce recipes!
Steak bites with Bloody Mary dipping sauce
Whether you want something satisfying for appetizers or you need some finger foods for your cocktail party, these steak bites are a must-try!
Here are the ingredients:
- Extra virgin coconut oil
- Chopped 1 whole small onion
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Half cup of vodka
- 2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- Tomato sauce, 1 cup
- Ground black pepper
- Steak seasoning
- 1 and 1/3 lbs. beef sirloin cut into bite sized cubes
- Bamboo skewers
This steak bites recipe is very easy to prepare.
- Start with heating a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add oil and saute onions for 5 minutes.
- Then, add vodka and allow the sauce to reduce by half.
- Next, add the hot sauce, Worcestershire, horseradish and tomato sauce.
- Stir the sauce and wait for it to bubble.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Once the dipping sauce is ready, you can now prepare your steak bites.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Before cooking your meat, make sure it is coated in oil, salt and pepper and seasoning blend.
- Cook the meat for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Once done, you can have your meat bites transferred to a serving platter together with your dipping sauce in a small dish.
Raspberry Crepe with Lemon Sauce
Crepes are a perennial favorite. Whether you want it part of the main course or have it to satisfy your sweet tooth for dessert, there are plenty of ways to play around with crepes. This time, we are sharing a crepe recipe with delicious lemon sauce.
Here are the ingredients:
- Flour, 1 and 1/2 cup
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups half and half
- Salt, 1/2 tsp
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Raspberry pie filling
- 2 tbsp melted butter
For lemon sauce:
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Sugar, 1/2 cup
- 1 cup water
- Salt, 1/8 tsp
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
To make your crepes:
- All you have to do is mix all your ingredients together.
- Then, spread butter on a crepe pan and preheat it.
- Pour about 1/3 of your batter onto the pan and make sure to spread it out to the edges using a rotating motion.
- Cook until bubbles appear or it is light brown in color.
- Cook the other side and transfer it to a plate.
- Fill it in with raspberry pie filling.
As for the lemon sauce:
- Simply bring the water, sugar, salt and cornstarch to a boil.
- Then, add the lemon juice and lemon peel.
- Pour it over your crepe while warm or feel free to reheat if needed.
Dark chocolate sauce
When it comes to desserts and ice cream, you can never go wrong with dark chocolate sauce. This recipe, though, is not your ordinary chocolate sauce. Its intense flavor is something you can’t find from the store-bought chocolate syrups.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe.
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 ounces of 77% dark chocolate bar, shredded
- Heavy cream, 8 tbsp
- Sugar, 1/2 cup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ounce butter
- Make your dark chocolate sauce by combining the sugar and water together in a saucepan.
- Stir occasionally over low heat until it forms a syrup.
- Then, transfer the syrup to a double boiler over low heat where you add broken or shredded pieces of butter and chocolate.
- Whisk occasionally until the dark chocolate is melted.
- Slowly add in vanilla and cream until the mixture is smooth and well blended.
There are so many sauce recipes you can explore this National Sauce Month. While you try out these three on the list, feel free to experiment and play around some more. After all, we all have the right reasons to enjoy all things sauce-y!
27 Mar 2019
When you look around warehouse facilities, it would be hard to find one without industrial shelves. Industrial shelving is one of the most important storage solutions used in most warehouses. It is the strongest, sturdiest and most space efficient type of storage system used to store small goods.
27 Feb 2019
In warehouse management many professionals use a proper pallet racking system that helps them manage inventory more efficiently. The system improves how materials flow from the supplier to the customer as well as proper use of vertical space inside the warehouse. However, the use of this racking system is more complex as it may cause damage.
Too many times we forget the impact that simple gestures can make – a kind word, a lending ear, a comforting hug, or a warm and simple smile. We often forget that these simple things actually have the power to turn lives around and make someone’s day brighter. This is exactly why National Random Acts of Kindness Day is being celebrated – to encourage everyone to spread kindness.
When people speak of success, they often talk about how they got their career started and how far they were willing to go to reach their goals. One of the ways to reach your goals is to find someone who will personally guide you. Remembering them this month is one thing, celebrating the success you reached with their guidance is another!
25 Jan 2019
Warehouse storage helps companies arrange their products and sort them according to category, name, or kind. Some pile it side by side, others stack them on top of each other. However, one downside of stacking them together is the possibility of falling items from the shelves.